Welcome to the official website of the Office of Statistics, Budget and Economic Management, Overseas Development Assistance and Compact Management (SBOC).
SBOC is entrusted with the following main functions:
- Assisting the President in the formulation of macroeconomic and fiscal policies that aim to promote economic and financial prosperity and security for FSM;
- Overseeing the preparation and administration of the National Government budget and nation-wide Strategic Development Plan;
- Overseeing the effective implementation of the Amended Compact of Free Association with the United States.
- Gathering, analysis, and reporting on socio-economic statistics and other information;
- Serving as focal point for overseas development assistance to FSM;
SBOC’s Vision is:
"Sustainable economic growth and macro-economic stability, sound financial management and accountability achieved and sustained."
The Mission of SBOC is stated as:
"To foster the environmental, social and economic well-being of people of the Federated States of Micronesia in a sustainable fashion."